Thursday, February 19, 2009

Dentyne Ice

I must admit Dentyne has been doing some awesome work as of late; although I may be biased considering it came from my very own home base at McCann NY. But what struck me as incredibly insightful was how the developers dug deep into cultural inertia to pull out the insight that in modern societies people are experiencing a disconnect with each other due to the proliferation of advanced communications platforms. I blogged about this prior to the launch of the campaign, and to my delight was shocked to see that I wasn't alone in this belief. Essentially, the ads look to encourage physical human interaction again; not via mobile communications, text messages or social networks etc. I think it is a refreshing notion that we can all learn from, let's just get back to being people. Instead of sending an e-mail to that coworker across the hall, just walk on over and actually do something far too many of us dread, talk to them. Oh yea, please ignore the irony that you're be reading this post, most likely alone and behind a computer screen. If I could I would give you a hug right now. I also encourage you to visit Dentyne Ice's home page, but be swift, in an effort to curb web browsing and stimulate people to 'make face time' they set up a site that only allows 3 minutes of browsing per session. Very cool guys.

No comments: